Solar shed lights are the perfect Eco-friendly solution for indoor lighting. Solar-powered shed lights are easy to install, cost nothing to run, and are incredibly bright. Installing lights that use solar power are ideal when the shed, garage, outhouse, or barn location makes it impractical to install electricity.
The best solar shed light systems work off highly-efficient solar panels that charge rechargeable batteries. Using remote controls, you have complete control over the lighting in your shed. You can adjust the brightness to your needs. And you can install as many lights as necessary without worrying about increasing your energy bills.
In fact, solar-powered shed lights are such an excellent replacement for incandescent lamps, you’ll wonder why you didn’t make the switch a long time ago.
Quick Summary of the Best 8 Solar Powered Shed Lights
The Best Solar Shed Lights
Knowing which the best solar shed lights to buy can be challenging. There are many different types of lights—down lighters, industrial lights, Eddison lights, and pendant lights—to choose from. It’s also vital to consider the working time, length of cable, and brightness of each solar indoor shed light.
To make it easier to choose, we’ve reviewed the top eight solar shed lights currently for sale. In our review, you can learn the pros and cons of each type of shed light.
1. Kyson Solar-Powered LED Shed Light
Kyson is a reliable brand when it comes to high-quality solar shed lights. The shed light is a classic downlighter design. The unit attaches to the solar charging panel via a 10-foot (3 meters) cable. This feature allows you to position the solar panel in the optimal position for day-long charging. The solar shed light features a convenient pull cord and remote control for convenience.
By installing Kyson solar shed lights, you can reduce your electricity bills while getting all the illumination you need. Use the shed light system for security, working, or creating accent lighting indoors.
- Simple installation with no wiring necessary
- Convenient pull cord and remote control
- Provide lighting up to 12 hours
- Charging time is 6 to 8 hours
- Stainless steel design for heavy-duty performance
- Not bright enough for illuminating large indoor spaces
2. Tera Solar Shed LED Light
If you need industrial-style lighting in your indoor workspace, choose the Tera solar indoor shed light. The high-capacity battery stores up to 50 percent more power than traditional solar lights. The 1,000-lumen super bright solar light is enough to illuminate barns, garages, and large outhouses. You can also install this outdoor solar light to brighten up backyards.
The Tera solar shed light comes with a remote control to regulate indoor lighting. A 12-foot (3.5 meters) cable allows for versatility to install the shed light solar panel at the optimal location. This is one of the most powerful solar shed lights in our review.
- Heavy-duty design using toughened glass and aluminum
- Super bright LED lighting
- Control the light with a remote control or timer
- Bright enough for most indoor working environments
- Use indoors or outdoors
- High cost
3. Rize Solar Industrial Wall Light for Shed Interior
If you need to install industrial solar lighting in your shed, garage, or barn, then this unit by Rize is an excellent option. The solar light emits warm white light and has a classic vintage style design. The aluminum design is suitable for indoor or outdoor use and is weatherproof.
The solar shed light has three dimming modes to control brightness. The lithium battery has excellent capacity and ensures lighting up to ten hours on a full charge.
- High-quality aluminum and ABS plastic frame
- Specially-designed lens to enhance lighting
- Long 15-foot (6 meters) cable between solar panel and light
- Suitable for industrial and residential use
- No remote control, the on/off switch is located on the solar light
4. Lixada Solar-Powered LED Shed Light Kit
The Lixada pendant downlighter is an easy-to-install solar shed light. You can use this solar light in barns, garages, sheds, patios, and gazebos. The solar light has a convenient pull cord and remote control. The 250-lumen bulb is bright enough for most indoor environments.
One of the benefits of Lixada solar shed lights is that they charge quickly and work for up to 12 hours. The stainless steel design means that the unit is suitable for workshops, studios, and other industrial areas.
- Warm white light solar LED shed lights
- Remote control and pull cord
- Suitable for outdoor and indoor use
- Shines for up to 12 hours after being fully charged
- Poor weatherproofing if you plan to install this outdoors
- Short wire (3 meters) between the solar panel and LED lamp
5. Kylson Store Indoor Solar Shed Light
This Kylson solar shed light has the classic Edison LED light bulb that provides warm light. The solar light uses E27 style bulbs, so you can replace them if needed. To add to the vintage design, the LED shed light is housed in a wireframe. A convenient pull cord and dual-control remote switches the unit on and off.
On a full charge, the Kylson solar-powered shed light lasts for up to eight hours. So, there is plenty of light for illuminating garages, workstations, barns, or sheds.
- Easy to install
- Classic vintage design with Edison style warm white bulb
- Wall mounting kit for the solar panel
- Pull cord and remote control for convenient operation
- Not very bright
- No additional lighting modes
6. DiDi DENG Solar Lights Outdoor Hanging Shed Lamp
This solar-powered shed light is a high-quality downlighter that’s suitable for indoors and outdoors. It’s easy to install this solar light for an Eco-friendly solution to your indoor light requirements. The solar panel shed lighting kit has a remote control with three lighting modes. The 10-foot (3 meters) cable means giving you flexibility where to install the solar panel.
One of the benefits of this chandelier-type light is its adjustable brightness. After charging in full sun for eight hours, the light will shine for up to 18 hours.
- Remote control solar light for shed interior
- Three brightness modes
- Up to 18 hours use on a full charge
- High-efficient solar panel for shed light charging
- IP65 waterproof
- One-year guarantee
- The receiver for the remote is on the solar panel
7. Sunforce Solar Motion Shed Light Super Bright
This solar light system for sheds provides plenty of bright white light indoors or outdoors. The solar light contains 120 LEDs in three panels—two of which are adjustable. Another excellent feature of this solar indoor shed light is its motion detector. Also, the shed lighting kit has a 15-foot (4.5 meters) cable so you can install the solar panel in the most convenient place.
The LED shed light has two lighting modes—always on in the dark and motion sensor. The adjustable light panels mean you can illuminate the precise areas in your shed, garage, summerhouse, or barn where you need light.
- Bright 1,000 lumens
- Adjustable LED shed lamp
- Durable, waterproof construction
- Install indoors or outdoors
- Lacks an on/off switch and adjustable lighting modes
8. Hulppre Solar Powered LED Light for Sheds and Barns
The Hullppre solar shed light is one of the most versatile LED solar kits on this list. The solar shed lighting unit has three leaves, each containing 30 LED lights. You can adjust each panel as needed. The downlight has a remote control with multiple lighting modes, including auto on and off, timing, and always on.
One benefit of the Hulppre solar light system for sheds is that it’s got a 16-foot (5 meters) cable. Also, the remote control allows you to adjust the lighting to your indoor or outdoor needs easily.
- The light panels adjust from 180° to 120°
- Solar-powered downlighting pendant light
- Good value for money
- Multiple lighting modes
- Easy installation and wiring to electrical circuits necessary
- Best-selling product on Amazon
- Plastic casing
Things to Consider Before Buying Solar Powered Shed Lights
Getting adequate lighting for your shed, garage, summerhouse, or barn is crucial. Solar shed lights should provide enough brightness so you can see what you’re doing. Many factors affect how effective solar light systems for sheds are.
What should you consider before buying solar-powered lights for sheds? Here are a few things to think about:
- Brightness—First and foremost is brightness. The solar indoor shed light should be bright enough for your needs. So, pay attention to the number of lumens on the lighting unit. The recommended number of lumens for shed lights are at least 300.
- Hours of charge and operation—Most high-quality solar-powered shed lights shine for up to eight or ten hours. However, it’s vital to remember that operation time depends on weather conditions and the solar panel’s efficiency.
- Functionality—Before buying a solar shed light, think about your indoor lighting needs. Do you want bright light when you work with power tools? Or do you just need to brighten up an indoor space? Also, think about if you want to control the light with remote control, a pull cord, or motion sensors.
- Type of solar panel—For the best solar shed lights, choose a system that has a separate solar panel. This type of solar shed light system allows you to mount the panel at the optimal location to maximize solar energy. You should also ensure that the cable between the LED light unit and the solar panel is long enough.