Solar fairy lights are excellent for decorating outdoor garden features. String lights or fairy lights are popular in front and back yards during Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, or other celebrations. They are also ideal for creating a relaxing or romantic atmosphere on warm evenings. Of course, you can use fairy lights to create beautiful ambient lighting in your yard at any time of the year.
One of the benefits of installing garden solar fairy lights is that you save money on electricity. Fairy lights that work off solar power can shine continuously in your yard without increasing your energy bills. All you need to get pretty lights shining in your garden is place the solar panel in the optimal location to capture the sun’s energy.
It can be challenging to choose the best solar fairy light for your property. The string lights come in varying lengths and different colors. You also need to decide if you want continuous lighting, flashing lights, or fairy lights that fade between different colors.
To make it easier to pick the ideal set of solar-powered fairy lights, we’ve reviewed the top eight products currently on the market. We’ve examined the pros and cons of each set of lights to give you our unbiased opinions.
Best Solar-Powered Fairy Lights — An Overview
The 8 Best Solar Fairy Lights
Let’s look in more detail at the best fairy lights that use solar power to create ambient garden lighting.
1. Lalapao Solar String Fairy Lights
Lalapao solar-powered fairy lights are high-quality LED lights for ambient backyard lighting. The solar panel can be installed anywhere to capture the sun’s rays. Thanks to the efficient solar panel, the lights shine continuously for up to ten hours. Ideal for celebrations, Christmas, weddings, or parties.
The pack has two sets of fairy lights, each measuring 72 feet (22 meters) in length with 200 LED lights. So, in total, you get 400 fairy lights that are 144 feet long.
- Two-pack measuring 144 feet (44 meters) long
- Super white LEDs
- IP65 waterproof
- For using indoors or outdoors
- Eight lighting modes
- No memory mode to remember the previous lighting settings
2. SKYFIRE Solar Powered Fairy Lights for Celebrations
This pack of solar fairy lights comprises of ten string lights for using outdoors or indoors. The efficient charging solar panel means the lights stay lit for up to six hours after it gets dark. The strands of fairy lights are ideal for creating cascading lighting effects for garden parties, celebrations, or during the holiday season.
These fairy lights are ideal for hanging over walls, from trees, or around signage. It’s easy to install the solar panel anywhere in your yard to enjoy free outdoor lighting.
- Ten strands of fairy light, each measuring 6.5 feet (2 meters)
- 200 LEDs
- IP65 waterproof design
- Three-foot (3-meter) cable from solar panel to the fairy lights
- Only two lighting modes—steady or flashing
3. GIGALUMI Solar Fairy Lights for Gardens
If you’re looking for colorful solar-powered fairy lights, this multi-colored string lighting is the best choice. The LED lights are blue, yellow, green, yellow, and red, combining spectacular garden lighting. The two-pack fairy lights contain strands that are 23 feet (7 meters) long and each with 50 LEDs.
Thanks to the super-efficient solar charging panel, the fairy string lights shine for up to ten hours. These lights are an ideal energy-saving solution to fill your front or backyard or patio with color.
- For use all year long
- Thirty-day, no questions asked, guarantee
- Multi-colored fairy lighting
- IP65 waterproof
- Up to ten hours of operation time
- Limited to two lighting modes
4. Sunlitec Starry Fairy Lights
The warm LED solar lighting created by Sunlitec fairy lights are perfect for any outdoor event. These string fairy lights are made from durable copper wiring, which is thin and bendable. You can use the high-quality fairy lights to shape garden objects, decorate trees, or wrap around patios.
No electricity or battery required with solar fairy lights, so you save on energy bills. After charging for six hours, the fairy LEDs shine for up to ten hours.
- Warm lighting to create ambiance
- 100 LEDs
- Two strands of fairy lights, each 36 feet (11 meters) in length
- Shines throughout the night after a full charge
- Some users complain that the copper wiring tangles easily
5. Aubasic Store Mason Jar Solar Fairy Lights
Create dazzling garden displays with these mason jar solar-powered fairy lights. Each large jar contains 30 solar LEDs giving the effect of fireflies in the container. Jar lids include a solar panel that charges during the day to power the fairy lights at night. You can hang the fairy light in jars from trees, patios, fence posts, or place on tabletops.
The fairy lights are in a two-pack and come complete with hangers and solar panel lids.
- Hang anywhere without the need of wiring
- IP45 waterproof
- Jars are not included; however, the hangers for the jars are included
- May not charge well if hung under tree branches or patio roofs
- Only one lighting mode
6. Lalapao Multi-Colored Solar Fairy Lights
Multi-colored solar-powered fairy lights are perfect for adding colorful lighting to trees, patios, walls, or garden ornaments. These two-pack solar fairy lights are 72 feet (22 meters) long, and each has 200 LEDs. The solar panel charges throughout the day to illuminate your yard at night.
The solar fairy lights have eight lighting modes, including steady, flashing, and fade. The array of different colors helps create the perfect atmosphere for outdoor parties, celebrations, or romantic ambiance.
- Two long fairy string lights with 200 LEDs
- IP65 waterproof rating
- Ideal for any outdoor occasion
- Eco-friendly fairy lights
- The string fairy lights tend to tangle easily
7. YIQU Solar Fairy Lights
These solar-powered fairy lights produce super-bright light thanks to the large LED bulbs. The string lights are 72 feet (22 meters) long and have 200 LEDs. The two sets of string fairy lights mean you get a total of 400 bright LED lights. After being fully charged, the solar lights shine for ten to twelve hours. No need for wiring or replacing batteries to enjoy these outdoor fairy lights throughout the year.
One of the best features of these solar fairy lights is the memory mode. The unit will remember which of the eight lighting modes you last used—so, no need to reset it.
- Two sets of string fairy lights with 200 LEDs on each strand
- Two to three times brighter than standard fairy lights
- Eight lighting modes with memory function
- IP65 weatherproof design
- High-capacity rechargeable battery
- Some users say the light can work intermittently
8. KeShi Solar Power Star Fairy Lights
The solar fairy lights by KeShi create stunning bright stars in your garden. Each of the 100 LEDs has a star design to create exciting lighting effects in your outdoor space. With this product, you get 40 feet of string light to decorate patios, trees, or garden ornaments. Additionally, eight lighting modes create any kind of party, relaxing, or romantic ambiance.
After a full charge, the lights will shine for between eight and ten hours. As well as being fully waterproof, the solar panel and fairy lights are designed to withstand extreme heat and cold.
- Eight lighting modes for any atmosphere
- Fast charging time
- IP65 waterproof
- Unique star-shaped LED design
- Thirty-day money-back guarantee
- Stings lights easily tangle
Things to Consider Before Buying Solar Fairy Lights
Although solar fairy lights seem similar, there are a few things to consider before buying them. Of course, price is always a factor to consider. But it’s essential to think about the size of the solar panel, length of string fairy lights, and type of wire used. After all, untangling 70 feet of wire can be a frustrating experience.
- Length of wire—How long do you need the solar fairy lights to go? Some products have up to 200 LEDs and are over 70 feet long. However, you may not need something as long.
- Type of solar panel—Solar fairy lights depend on the solar panel’s efficiency. Highly efficient panels charge the rechargeable batteries even in poor lighting conditions.
- Solar panel location—It’s vital that you can install the solar panel where it gets maximum sunlight. So, ensure there is enough wiring between the charging panel and the string fairy lights. Otherwise, you may not be able to charge the lights efficiently. Ideally, the cable should be three to six feet (one to two meters) long.
- Lighting modes—Solar fairy lights are all about creating the right outdoor ambiance. It’s usually best if the lights have various lighting modes to create the atmosphere you desire.
- Memory function—If the solar string fairy lights have lighting modes, then a memory function is useful. This remembers the previous mode you used and prevents you from having to reset the lighting mode every time.